Group under the umbrella ” THE NIGER DELTA ETHNIC NATIONALITIES YOUTH” ask President Buhari to call Niger Delta and Ijaw leaders to order or crisis might rock the region.
The statement reads
PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI, GCFR,
PRESIDENT, COMMANDER IN CHIEF,
OF THE ARMED FORCES,
OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
WHY MR. PRESIDENT MUST CALL TIMIPRE SILVA AND HEINKEN LOKPOBIRI TO ORDER ON THEIR OBSESSION WITH NDDC
Having become constrained to meet, deliberate, resolve and take a firm position on the raging controversy over the tenure of the Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba and Mbong Nsima Ekere led Niger Delta Deveopment Ciommisiion, NDDC board and its resultant effect on the peace and tranquillity of the Niger D3eltn region, we hwerby resolves as follows:
1) That we stand with the official aqnmd legally sound position of the federal government, vide the Office of the Secretary to the Governemnt of the Federation and thr Honouirable Attorndy General of the Federation, that the tenure of the present nddc board is a full tenure of four years startng from 2016 and runnubg till 2020 in accordance with the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Act 2000.NO 6 laws of the Federation of Nigeria.
2) That we have unwavering confidence in the Senate and House of Representatives committees on NDDC that are currently looking into the issue with a view to amicably resolving it in accordance with extant laws, pertainiong thereto.
3) That we shall not tolerate any group fanning the embers of ethnic hatred and campaign of calumny calculated to plunge the region into another era of tension and crisis that cannot possibly augur well for the peace loving people of the region or their fellow Nigerian compatriots in general.
4) That we urge the Board of the NDDC to leave up to the high expectations of the long abandoned people of the Niger D3eltan Region, by ensuring that they embark on only projects that will add value to the life of the people of the region regardless of the pressure from politicians.
5) That we respectfully draw the urgent attention o our President, Muhammadu Buhari, to what can only b described as the utterly untoward activities of certain high profile All Progressives Congress, APC, leaders in Bayelsa against the NDDC he appointed.
6) That we make bold to directly accuse the duo of Timipre Silva, former Governor of Bayelsa, and Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, the serving Minister of State for Agriculture of being behind the recent shenanigans to extrajudicially sack the NDDC board in complete violation of the law.
7) That while we appreciate Timipre Silva for whatever he might have contributed to the APC, we completely disagree that simply because someone claims to be a major contributor to the APC, therefore such person is entitled to insist that the law be broken for the purpose of sacking a duly constituted NDDC board in a manner that constitutes a clear violation of the law.
8) That as far as we are concerned the mere fact that anyone is an APC member, such as Timipre Silva and Heineken Lokpobiri, are, does not entitle him or her to break the law, even to the extent of inciting Niger Deltan youths to threaten to shut down oil production across the region, unless him or her gets appointed NDDC Chairman o0r MD/CEO.
9) That we condemn the rascality of those fighting the present NDDC Board to the extent that they have the temerity to give the phone numbers of top security operatives such as the National Security Adviser, NSA, and the Director General, DSS, to all manner of miscreants masquerading as Niger D3eltan patriots to threaten the Federal Government with fire and brimstone unless the present NDDC board is sacked for either Silva or Lokpobiri to come in.
10) That those of us in the region who having been impressed at Mr Presidents renewed commitment to the region and have been sensitising the youths that APC menas well for the Niger DEltan Region, find it most shameful that two top APC members from the region, in the distinguished personalities of Heineken Lokpobiri nd Timipre Silva have become the ones most frontally associated with opposition to an APC board in NDDC.
11) That what we find worst of all is the fact that those who claim to be APC arrowheads are actually hands in gloves with the opposition People’s Democratic Party, PDP, in opposing an NDDC board made up of their fellow party members.
12) That we find it most distasteful that those claiming to b closest to Mr. President are now the very ones fighting him tooth and nail, casting him in the mould of an enemy of the Niger Delta, inducing youths to denigrate his government and otherwise making him look unserious and incompetent in the eyes of the good people of the Niger Delta.
13) That there are many tribes in the Niger Delta and that the notion that the Ijaws are the only tribe in the Niger Delta is completely ridiculous and must be accordingly dispensed with forthwith.
14) That quite a few of the other tribes of the Niger Delta are not only more in population than the Ijaw but that they actually produce more oil and the Ijaws.
15) That whereas we love our Ijaw brothers and sisters most dearly as fellow Niger Deltans, that this penchant of certain Ijaws, self-centredly giving the impression that unless something goes to Ijaw, it has not gone to the Niger Delta even if another Niger Deltan ethnic nationality holds it will no longer the tolerated.
16) That it is either all of us in the Niger Delta are equal or from now on, let it be known that the Ijaws are on their own and the rest of us are on our own.
17) That we find it especially unacceptable, shameful, disgraceful and revolting that two top members of the APC, including a serving minister who has benefited most from the party are at the forefront of threatening the present hard-won peace in the Niger Delta and that we call on Mr. President and the leadership of the APC to immediately call them to order.
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Long live the Niger Delta!
Long live Niger Deltan Youths!
The President of the Senate,
The Honourable Speaker of the House of Representatives.
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
The Honourable Attorney General of the Federation.
SIGNED COMRADE TERRY OBIEH VICE CHAIRMAN CPT. BASSEY HENSHEW SECRETARY GENERAL